In the digital marketing scene, the phrase “conversion rate” is pretty common. The term is pretty much self-explanatory. It refers to the percentage of visitors to a webpage or app that fulfill the required conversion target out of the total visitors.
Graphic banner image:
what is a good conversion rate for Google ads
The Stats says
Average Google conversion rate is 3.48%
and display 0.72%.
So, what is a good conversion rate for Google ads? The average conversion rate in Google is 3.48% in search networks and 0.72% in display . However, the numbers vary greatly and are influenced by several factors.
Usually, the conversion rate definitely varies from sector to sector due to the variation in keywords, brand names, and purchase details. Stick to the end to find out all about it.
What Does Google Ad Conversion Rate Indicate?
Google ad conversion rate is a very effective benchmark to determine performance in marketing. Higher conversion rates directly translate to a successful web design. However, conversion goals are different for different websites, so the numbers vary.
Conversion rates are based on clicking on links, making a purchase, registering, filling up forms, and so on. In brief, this is the algorithmic metric to measure the marketing strategies of digital business sites.
Depending on the type of Google ad, conversion rates can differ, namely-
- Google Search Ads
Search ads appear at the top of the search results. They take you to more relevant solutions as per the query you’re looking for. This basically draws the consumers to seek more to help better the algorithm.
- Google Display Ads
Display Ads appear on social media posts or personal emails. They are mainly banners or posts on the sidebar.
What Are The Benchmarks Of Conversion Rate Of Google Ads?
The factors affecting Google add revenue include-
- Click Through Rates (CTR)
It’s one of the most important metrics to evaluate the performance of your marketing. Basically, it indicates the number of times the ad was clicked on among the scrolling visitors.
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
The CPC is sort of a tricky evaluation. It indicates how much it will cost you per click. Some searches may cost you for no reason so you can remove the unnecessary keywords that don’t match your product so that it doesn’t cost you. So, you need to check it regularly.
This is the most important metric to measure the algorithm. It’s the percentage of users who actually visited the site among all the visitors. A clear, accessible and easy ad link to a site can ensure higher marketing profits.
- Cost Per Conversion
It’s the metric of how much it costs you per conversion. But this one is tricky as well. If the cost is higher than sales, the business will face a loss. This needs to be kept in check regularly too.
Reasons For Conversion Rate Failure
Conversion rates depend highly on meaningful marketing strategies and promising outcomes. The reasons why the rate may drop are -
- It’s possible that the webpage is poorly designed. It might be lagging or proving inefficiency in fulfilling tasks.
- If the offer isn’t consumer friendly, for example, a product is too expensive and it shows, the users won’t click on the link anyway.
How To Improve Conversion Rate?
You can enhance your rate by the following methods-
- By conducting A/B tests, which is, keeping different elements on the board to identify which one goes best.
- Using catchy, engaging headlines to attract audience attention.
- Inserting clear and good-quality product images to make content attractive.
- Consider adding a video for more engaging content.
- Utilize heat maps to determine exactly what contents are reaching more people. It detects which links are being clicked on, and what’s attracting more customers and then work on better optimization.
- Optimization is essential to select the right contrasts, and colors as well as being an easy-to-understand format.
- Make yourself easy to contact anytime for maximum engagement and to gain customers’ trust.
- What is a good conversion rate for Google Ads?
The topmost businesses advertising with Google ads maintain an average 11.45% conversion rate. If you want to take your business to a level up with Google ads, try going higher than a 5.3%
- What’s the difference between click and conversion?
A click is when someone sees your ad and clicks the post. Conversion is the step further when the click is followed by more interactions like filling up a form, registration, or a phone call.
- How to calculate Google Ads conversion rate?
The conversion Rate is calculated by dividing the number of conversions by the total number of visitors.
Conversion Rate is the most important metric to consider in a competitive field of digital business to check the challenges and performances regularly. This is important for both the advertisers and the consumers.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll have a better understanding of what’s a good conversion rate for google ads and how to improve it.
Want to learn the secrets of achieving better conversion rates? Contact SharkFold to find out!